10 Running Quotes to Keep You Hungry and Motivated
Do you love to run? Whether you are a track and field athlete, a marathon runner or you do cross country; you need to stay motivated. You probably have had some days where you need to wake up in the morning to run, but you don’t have enough motivation to do it! These running quotes will put you on fire to go out and kill that run that will make you better tomorrow.
We have put together some of the best motivational running quotes from athletes who tasted greatness. These quotes will help you to overcome whatever loss of passion that you might currently be experiencing.
10 Bad Ass Running Quotes:
10. ‘Life is often compared to a marathon, but I think it is more like being a sprinter; long stretches of hard work punctuated by brief moments in which we are given the opportunity to perform at our best.’ -Michael Johnson
9. ‘We all have dreams. But to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.’ -Jesse Owens
8. ‘Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.’ -George S Patton
7. “Even when you have gone as far as you can, and everything hurts, and you are staring at the specter of self-doubt, you can find a bit more strength deep inside you if you look closely enough.” -Hal Higdon
6. “Don’t stop when you are tired, stop when you are done” -Anonymous Athlete
Top 5 Bad Ass Running Quotes:
5.”For every finish-line tape a runner breaks — complete with the cheers of the crowd and the clicking of hundreds of cameras — there are the hours of hard and often lonely work that rarely gets talked about.” -Grete Waitz
4.”I have always felt strongly about introducing the benefits of sports to children and others. Running has brought me such a great deal as a person, and I want others to share this feeling.” -Paula Radcliffe
3. “There’s not a better feeling than when you have found that moment of balance and harmony when both running and life come together. Then you know why you run and that you couldn’t live without it.” -Joan Benoit (1984 Gold Medal Olympian)
2. “The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself to the greatest extent possible. When you do that, you have dignity. You have pride. You can walk about with character and pride no matter in what place you happen to finish.”-Billy Mills (Gold Medal Olympian)
1. “I always loved running… it was something you could do by yourself and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs.” -Jesse Owens
Always remember that is important to win the mental battle before the physical struggle. So, if there is any day you feel low on morale again, read these running quotes and you will find yourself feeling reinvigorated.