Injury Prevention Specialists
Getting injured is something every athlete dreads because they all want to keep doing what the love – Sports! Finding good injury prevention specialists will help athletes to reduce the risk of getting injured to the bare minimum. Most people do not work with injury prevention specialists because we tend to believe more in reactive healthcare. Reactive healthcare is waiting until you have a heart attack to change your lifestyle. For athletes, it is waiting until you have a stress fracture to start doing rehab.
The two chief causes of sports injuries are Muscle overuse and trauma:
Overuse occurs when you push your body beyond its safe limits of operation. For instance, if you’re new to running and you start by running 30 miles you could get an injury you would be overusing your muscles.
Trauma, on the other hand, refers to instantaneous hazardous conditions that put an athlete in a situation to suffer an injury, e.g., an athlete receiving a kick to the groin by another player.
The behavior of athletes is also a factor.
- Ignore pre-game workouts because they feel it’s too boring or they don’t need them.
- Skip out workout cooldown exercises and hit the shower immediately after.
- Overuse their muscles by going too hard. (One of the most significant causes of sports injuries)
- Don’t observe sufficient rest before and after games.
All of these and more are some of the reasons why athletes keep getting injured.
The good news is that an expert can help. Talking to the right injury prevention specialists will help you improve your activities as a sportsman and make you less prone to getting injured.
But first, let’s find out who you these professionals are.
Injury Prevention Specialists: Who They Are
An injury prevention specialist is a healthcare professional who is qualified to help athletes play sports in a safe and conducive environment. These experts examine the areas where athletes play to evaluate hazardous conditions that could lead to injury and then help to advise sports management and athletes on the best ways to eliminate or minimize those dangerous conditions.
Injury Prevention Specialists: What Do They do?
Injury prevention specialists for sports perform the following duties:
- Determine the surface and chief causes of sports injuries.
- Assess potential hazardous conditions in areas where athletes play.
- Collect and analyze data from sports facilities and fitness centers to determine potential hazards.
- Advise athletes on essential injury prevention techniques.
- Help to fast-track policy changes for parts of a sports program that could be affecting athletes’ health negatively.
Injury Prevention Specialists: Education & Certification
All injury prevention specialists must have at least one essential qualification in a health or safety field.
Most experts have at least:
- Health-related education after school
- Completed a 6-month to a 1-year with other sports medicine providers
- A love for injury prevention
- The drive to never stop learning
Injury Prevention Specialists: Essential Qualities
- Good Communication – A good injury prevention specialist must be an excellent communicator since they will primarily be dealing with people. Look for a professional that is not only knowledgeable but also has a pleasant disposition.
- Observation – A skilled injury prevention specialist must have a keen eye for details.
- Broad knowledge – You should only speak to professionals that are qualified and have a vast experience of the health and safety field. The individual must also be able to make decisions independently.
- Thorough approach – A professional should always be open to learning more about the surface and chief causes of accidents that lead to sports injuries.
- Knowledge of local laws for injury prevention is a plus since locations differ.
Looking For Good Injury Prevention Specialists? Think 9INE POINT Health!
9INE POINT Health helps to connect injured athletes with top healthcare providers in their locality. Gain instant access to a slew of top Sports Healthcare Experts. You save time and money when you speak with the right professionals. 9INE POINT Health stops the crazy Google searches where you pray and hope you found the right person. They give each healthcare provider a 9INE POINT Number that makes it easy to compare providers.
What If You Can’t Go Through a Rehab On Your Own? Work With Injury Prevention Specialists!
Sometimes you can ice all you want, but a muscle is in pain because another area is not working or because it is protecting you. With the hips, for example, your back may be hurting because your psoas is doing too much work and it is also tight. The psoas may be doing too much work because your other hip flexors are not activating correctly. The chain reaction could keep going if you do not work with injury prevention specialists.
Sometimes you need the help of a sports medicine provider. Sports medicine providers are used to working with athletes that need to get results quickly, to get back on the field. If you are not an athlete, I am sure that you still want quick results.
There are many different options you can go with when looking for a provider. You could get a chiropractor, massage therapist, physical therapist or many other options. The key is finding someone you trust and that you are excited to work with.
How to Find The Best Injury Specialists?
9INE POINT Health is the best place to find the health care providers you need for any injuries. It does not matter where you are hurting; a 9INE POINT Health provider will be able to get you healthy again. 9INE POINT allows you to find the best local providers and compare them quickly using the 9INE POINT Number.
If you have no idea what you need, but you know you need injury prevention specialists, 9INE POINT Health is an injury guide, and you will get helped through the process. We make it easier for you to find the information and the person you are looking for.
Skills to Look for in Injury Prevention Specialists
- Active Release Technique
- Graston Technique
- Fascial Stretch Therapy
- Corrective exercises
- Dry Needling
- Sports Background
- Functional Movement Screen
- And more
KHO Health was acquired by was acquire by 9INE POINT in the summer of 2019 and is now referred to as 9INE POINT Health.